TOOTH DECAY RISK FACTOR
- Receding Gum line – with exposure of root surfaces
- Orthodontic Treatment – increases the number of sites where plaque can accumulate
- Restorations – might harbor bacteria at their margin, putting them at risk for recurrent decay
- Periodontal Treatment – might leave dentin exposed with an increased risk of dentin hypersensitivity and root caries
- Acid Erosion – might expose dentin, leading to hypersensitivity
- A dry mouth – can increase your risk of decay
Because of one or more of these risk factors your teeth are more vulnerable to tooth decay and cavities. To help protect against further decay, eating a healthy diet and brushing/ flossing is recommended. Brushing with prescription level fluoride toothpaste daily helps strengthen tooth enamel to protect against the effects of decay causing acids. Using Colgate PreviDent 5000ppm as prescribed could benefit your oral health.
- Apply a thin ribbon of Colgate PreviDent sensitive or Colgate PreviDent enamel to a toothbrush.
- Brush thoroughly twice a day (morning and evening) including sensitive areas of the teeth for 2 minutes or as recommended by a dentist or physician.
- After brushing, spit out what remains
- Rinse mouth thoroughly.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Why do I need a prescription for my Colgate PreviDent 5000ppm toothpaste? There is a higher level of fluoride in it then regular toothpaste, which helps strengthen and protect your teeth from decay better than regular toothpaste.
- Do I need to use my regular toothpaste in addition to it? Booster Plus and Dry Mouth product can be used once daily, preferably at bedtime, in place of your regular toothpaste. Enamel Protect and Sensitive can be used twice a day (morning and evening). Additionally like regular toothpaste, Colgate PreviDent 5000ppm also contains a mild abrasive to help clean your teeth and refresh your mouth.
- Why does my dental professional recommend prescription toothpaste? The amount of fluoride contained in Colgate PreviDent 5000ppm is a higher level of fluoride, four times the amount found in regular toothpaste. Given the risk factors identified in today’s dental visit, your dentist recommends a prescription level fluoride to help improve your oral health. Daily use of Colgate PreviDent 5000ppm along with eating a healthy diet and flossing helps strengthen teeth.
- What is fluoride? How does it help prevent tooth decay? Fluoride is a natural element that can be found in rick and soil mineral components from the earth’s surface. Colgate PreviDent 5000ppm is topical fluoride toothpaste which helps strengthen teeth. Colgate PreviDent 5000ppm works in two main ways.
- Delivers fluoride to enamel to become incorporated into teeth making them more resistant to decay
- Helps prevent early tooth decay.